Migrating to Syhunt 6.9.7 or up
On Windows, Syhunt stores by default user data in the
%AppData%\Local\Syhunt directory until version 6.9.6. Due to recent design and architecture improvements, Syhunt 6.9.7 now stores data in the
Before installing Syhunt 6.9.7 or superior, please use the below steps to export the Syhunt preferences, and just then upgrade Syhunt and import the preferences you just exported:
- Launch Syhunt Hybrid 6.9.6 (or older version)
- Click the Menu -> Import & Export -> Export Preferences option
- Save your preference backup file with an easy to remember name and desired location.
- Now you are ready to install Syhunt version 6.9.7
- Finally, after installing Syhunt 6.9.7, import your preferences again through the Menu -> Import & Export -> Import Preferences option. Select the Preference backup file and click the Open button.
- All the settings from the earlier installation should now be imported and active, including any previously scheduled scans.
(Optional) Migrating the session history and output
- If you would like to have the past sessions archive from the earlier installation, just move the files and directories from
%ProgramData%\Syhunt\Sessionsand past sessions from the earlier installation will become available again in the Past Sessions screen.
- If needed,
%AppData%\Local\Syhunt\Outputcan also be moved to
- All other remaining directories in
%AppData%\Local\Syhunt\are temporary data diretories and can be safely deleted.
Forced AppData Mode
On Windows, if have Syhunt version 126.96.36.199 or up, and you prefer using AppData instead of ProgramData you can force the use of the local application data directory by creating an empty file named LocalAppData.json in the default Syhunt location - see CLI documentation for a list of default Syhunt locations. Please note that some key features, such as the Scan Scheduler, will not work if you enable this mode.