Syhunt Hybrid 6.8.3 released, adds enhanced DAST fingerprinting, manual login and more
Syhunt Hybrid 6.8.3 adds Hunter-Sense™, a fingerprinting feature that allows the detection of the hidden versions of server software and components. If an Apache or Nginx web server or server module is configured to hide its version, Syhunt Hunter-Sense is many times able to reconstruct the incomplete "picture" and determine the version number of the server and its components, such as PHP, mod_ssl, OpenSSL and Phusion Passenger. The pioneer feature is based on an analysis we conducted of patterns found in 1 million Internet websites and allows Syhunt to detect outdated, vulnerable server software and components that would go otherwise unnoticed.
Outdated Server Sofware Detection
Manual Login in External Browser
Syhunt Hybrid 6.8.3 integrates with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox without the need of installing a browser extension. This adds the ability to launch a scan against a web application after logging in from an external web browser instance - an easy 3-step process. Alternatively, automated login and manual login through Syhunt's built-in, Chromium-based Sandcat browser is still available.
- Moved crawling depth limit option and OAST option to the Site Preferences screen.
- Changed default browser emulation mode and user agent to Chrome.
- Report generation now runs in an isolated task.
- Allow SSH protocol in GIT URLs
- Fixed: crash during outdated code check when scanning known third-party script.
We hope you enjoy the new release!