A browser that combines the speed and power of Chromium and Lua
Sandcat is a lightweight multi-tabbed web browser packed with features for developers and pen-testers. The browser is built on top of Chromium, the same engine that powers the Google Chrome browser, and uses the Lua programming language to provide extensions and scripting support.
Some of its unique features include:
- Live HTTP Headers — built-in live headers with a dedicated cache per tab and support for preview extensions
- Sandcat Console — an extensible command line console; Allows you to easily run custom commands and scripts in a loaded page
- Page Menu extensions — allows you to view details about a page and more.
- Pen-Tester Tools — Sandcat comes with a multitude of pen-test oriented extensions. This includes a Fuzzer, a Script Runner, HTTP & XHR Editors, Request Loader, Request Replay capabilities and more.
Features inherited from Chromium include:
- Multi-Process Architecture — each tab is its own process
Felipe Daragon is the creator and author of Sandcat. Syhunt Sandcat is currently maintained by himself and the Syhunt team, a web application security tools provider and the same creators of the Syhunt Dynamic web application security scanner.