What's New in Syhunt Community
Version 6.5 (December 26, 2018)
- Added a revamped vulnerability details dialog with editing capabilities.
- Added Dynamic Targets screen to launcher - allows to manage a list of common target URLs. You can access it through the purple bookmark icon in the Launcher toolbar or the New Scan dialog.
- Added Rails framework, WII framework and WordPress related optimizations.
- Added the ability to import and export a scan session from/to a file.
- Added additional scan progress info to the results tab
- Reviewed hunt methods Malware Content and Structure Brute Force and enabled additional checks. Improved extension checking and structure brute force checks and fixed a false positive case.
- Improved fingerprinting and added detected languages and OS type to reports.
- Improved spider (improved web site caching and mapping).
- Improved compatibility with source control systems (GIT and SVN) in Syhunt Code
- Reclassified dynamic XSS risk based on CVSS3 score.
- This release comes with the latest Syhunt Sandcat browser updates and drops support for Windows Vista:
- Added the ability to import/export/clear bookmarks.
- Confirm exit when tasks are running.
Version 6.4 (October 17, 2018)
- Revamped launcher screen.
- Added additional password file disclosure checks.
- Added Jooma-specific optimizations.
- Added Nginx support in Syhunt Insight.
- Improved spidering (additional link extraction and improved relative path handling).
- Combined link list with additional details into new Coverage report section.
Version 6.3 (September 8, 2018)
- Added full support for CVSS (Common Vulnerability Scoring System). (Full details)
- Added the ability to compare past scan sessions to determine new, unchanged or removed vulnerabilities, and save the comparison results as HTML (Menu -> Past Sessions -> Compare Checked button).
- Added File Inclusion and OWASP Top 5 hunt methods to Syhunt Code.
Version 6.2 (June 15, 2018)
- Added code scan support for Node.js based web applications. (Full details)
Version 6.1 (May 17, 2018)
- Several improvements in Syhunt Code:
- Added code scan support for Java EE, JSP and Lua based web applications. (Full details)
- Improved XSS detection in multiple languages (classic ASP, ASP.NET & PSP).
- Improved input filtering analysis.
- Improved speed (scan optimization).
- Automatic Python WSGI script detection.
- Improved fingerprinter (additional WAF detection) in Syhunt Dynamic.
Version 6.0 (October 10, 2017)
- Major overhaul of both its scan engine and user interface, adding advanced fingerprinting capabilities, enhanced spidering, injection, browsing and code scan capabilities, and a large number of new and improved checks. (Full details)